Total or partial illegalities in Mallorca’s buildings are being persecuted by the Defense of Territory Agency (Agencia de Defensa del Territori) of Consell de Mallorca (Insular government of Mallorca).
While sellers, middlemen and advisors recommended by them try to hide it, demolition orders and fines are growing at an alarmingly high rate.
Those are the last numbers:
- From January to October 2018 Consell de Mallorca did order 78 new demolitions of illegal constructions. In all 2017 demolition orders where 16.
- Consell de Mallorca has another 153 demolition orders pending notification to owners.
- Consell de Mallorca also has 793 files for infringement pending to be iniciated.
- Defense of Territory Agency (Agencia de Defensa del Territori) of Consell de Mallorca is willing to contract an additional 24 technicians to increase its inspection capacity
- Due to the high amount of fines for not demolishing illegal works, 90% of the owners choose to carry out the demolition themselves.
Read it in local news
Be on the safe side. Don’t hesitate to contact me for free information.
Toni Marqués. Real Estate Solicitor in Mallorca.